Our current waist-training coaching program student has added one week to her three-month program, so we’ll be taking her concluding photos end of this week. I can’t wait! Pictured here are her beginning photos taken on April 18. Note the back of her corset is open about five inches (and she was at this time laced down three inches already). Her goal was to close it down completely and wear it for 1o to 12 hrs. rather comfortably.
In the meantime I think her proposed Maintenance Plan could be of help to others so I am posting it below. Her training buddy suggested that she add one week per month for cutting back a bit on calories, to keep her weight going down until she reaches her weight goal. Originally she had wanted to lose 20 lbs, but lost 11.5 so far. We’ll have her final weigh-in this weekend. I think this idea is sound.
She is now within 1″ of completely closing her training corset down to a 27″ (over corset) measurement! In this extra week of training, she is attempting to go beyond 27.5″ for 4 hrs and reach down to 27″ for at least some time. It will be amazing to see this corset closed in back!
Overall her Plan seems simple and thus, do-able to me. I hope it is helpful to those of you who wonder about how to keep tiyr new figure over time and how to make waist training truly “permanent”!
- To maintain a healthy weight for my body and not allow myself to keep gaining as my metabolism slows down with age
- To continue to use the corset as a reminder of portion size and using my core muscles constantly
- Weekdays and Weekends: at least 7 hours of sleep, ideally 8.
- Maintenance: Wear corset 12-18 hours a week – 2-3 days a week of 6 hours a wearing
- I will continue to try to wear my training corset to sleep in for the required hours: have not done this successfully
- I have not been able to fully close the corset. I will continue to gradually tighten the corset during my maintenance routine until comfortably fully closed.
- Weigh-in: daily ideally but at least weekly. I think I will stick with Saturday mornings.
- Snacks/small meals every 3-4 hours
- Stick with oatmeal or high fiber/high protein cereal for breakfast.
- Fruit and veggies every day
- Continue to research high protein vegetarian foods
- Continue to mostly avoid dessert as I haven’t missed it much. Allow myself to indulge in small portion occasionally
- Alcohol: 1 glass two to three times weekly. No more than that.
- Ab setting exercises multiple times daily
- Three times weekly classes at gym: Spinning, Body Pump, Zumba. Try some new classes.
- Continue regular outside exercise: hiking